Nashville, USA, August 2, 2023 – Polaris Inc., the global leader in powersports, has unveiled its latest innovation at the 2023 Summer Polaris Dealer Meeting in Nashville, USA. The Polaris RANGER XD 1500 – the industry’s first-ever utility side-by-side with a 1500cc 3-cylinder engine for more power and with Punch Powertrain’s cutting-edge CVT technology to make tough jobs easier and provide for greater durability.
Polaris is leading the way in transforming the off-road industry by introducing the Punch Powertrain transmission. In contrast to its competitors, who predominantly employ rubber belt CVT in their off-road vehicles, the Polaris RANGER XD 1500 gains a competitive edge with unmatched durability and strength of Punch Powertrain steel belt CVT. This transmission is designed to withstand heavy loads and requires little maintenance. The electronically controlled transmission delivers outstanding drivability benefits like smooth and predictable throttle engagement and precise low speed control. Shifting is done effortless and the fully-sealed design reduces operating noise for a quieter, more enjoyable ride.
Key Highlights of Polaris Ranger XD 1500
Polaris RANGER has been the No. 1 selling utility side-by-side brand for more than 15 years and the RANGER XD 1500 establishes a new benchmark for utility side-by-sides.
- ProStar 1500cc 3-Cylinder Engine – Effortless towing, hauling, and confidence in tough terrain with an industry-leading 110HP and 105 lb-ft torque.
- 3,500 lb Towing Capacity – For those routinely towing heavy loads on the property, drive better productivity with nearly 40% more towing than existing models.
Key Features of Punch Powertrain CVT
- Maximum Strength and Durability – Fully sealed and liquid-cooled design allows for maximum durability and longevity with less maintenance than a rubber belt.
- Hill Assist – Hill Assist prevents the vehicles from rolling backwards when letting off the accelerator and brakes when heading uphill, and engages the transmission to maintain better control while descending slopes.
- Smooth, Precise Control – Smooth, predictable throttle engagement and precise low speed control when backing up to trailers, navigating rough terrain, or spraying a fence line.
- Effortless Shifting, Quiet Operation – Effortless shifting between drive, park, and reverse. The fully sealed design reduces operating noise for enhanced comfort.